We hope you will have seen that as part of the BGRS Conference (22-23 April) there will be a session where PhD students are invited to give brief presentations (around 10 minutes each) about a methodological aspect of their research project. The aim of this session is to provide opportunities for attendees and contributors to find out about methodology they are not currently familiar with, or to hear from doctoral researchers who have an interest in a similar or related methodology.
We would like to encourage all current Birkbeck PhD students to contribute to this session in order to make it a success. We think this session will be both useful and interesting for the following reasons:
- You will have the opportunity to present your work to your fellow students and to respond to questions in a supportive environment.
- If you haven’t yet given a presentation on your research this would be a great opportunity to do so.
- If you have previously given a presentation on your methodology in another setting you are welcome to use that as the basis of your talk or repeat it.
- The session will provide the chance to engage with doctoral researchers from across Birkbeck and to receive useful feedback.
- You would be contributing to the success of the conference and helping to build connections between research students across departments at Birkbeck.
Please do use this brief form by 24 March if you would like to take part in this session.
PhD student members of the BGRS Steering Committee