This blog aims to provide:
- information on research taking place at Birkbeck, University of London
- a place for visitors to comment on and interact with this research
- a space for people across Birkbeck to share their views and opinions
This blog is run by the Birkbeck Media, Communications and Events team, in conjunction with academics from across the Birkbeck community.
The opinions expressed in this blog by contributors, and those commenting, are those of the individual, and in no way represent the views of Birkbeck.
Moreover, Birkbeck accepts no responsibility nor liability for the contents of any linked website. The inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Birkbeck of any linked website or its provider.
Conditions of use
Comments are actively encouraged, but will be pre-moderated by the Birkbeck Media, Communications and Events team.
By commenting on this blog, you are agreeing to abide by the following conditions:
- We encourage you to get involved and comment on our posts. While we don’t want to stifle any voices, we have six straightforward rules for making this page feel welcoming and safe for everyone who visits
- Don’t post commercial items or adverts: Please don’t post commercial messages or solicitations on our blog. There are lots of other avenues for free classifieds on the web, such as craigslist, gumtree and Loot. Posts containing promotional messages and links will be removed.
- Don’t post others’ copyrighted information: Information copyrighted by someone other than yourself shouldn’t be posted without the consent of the owner. If such an event occurs, the individual posting the information shall be held responsible.
- Don’t make personal attacks: While we invite debate on our blog, any personal attacks against a member of staff or another community member will be removed.
- Keep your posts cleanish: Any inappropriately explicit, obscene or vulgar language, graphics or behaviour will be removed. If that’s your cup of tea, there are other places on the net that will welcome you.
- Don’t upload dangerous files: Don’t upload or attach files that contain viruses, corrupted files or any other similar software or programs that may damage the operation of another’s computer.
- Think before you post any personal information: On the whole it’s a good idea to refrain from putting personal details such as your phone number and address online.
- Birkbeck reserves the right to edit, move, delete or otherwise alter comments posted by users.
- Contributors and those commenting own the copyright to the material posted but agree to grant us perpetual, royalty-free, non-exclusive rights to publish your entry on any media.
- Contributors and those commenting agree to remain responsible for any links included in material. We reserve the right to remove any links we consider inappropriate.