- Fiona Candlin: Principal investigator
Fiona Candlin is Professor of Museology in the History of Art Department at Birkbeck. She is a specialist on small independent museums and is currently leading the large-scale research project ‘Mapping Museums’. Her publications include Micromuseology: An analysis of small independent museums (Bloomsbury 2015), Art, Museums, and Touch (Manchester University Press 2010) and (with Prof Ray Guins) The Object Reader (Routledge 2009).
- Alex Poulovassilis: Co-Investigator
Alex Poulovassilis is Professor of Computer Science in Birkbeck’s School of Business, Economics & Informatics, and Director of the Birkbeck Knowledge Lab. Her research is in the design of specialist data and knowledge bases to support learning communities, and the development of search, analysis and visualisation techniques for such resources, working in collaborative interdisciplinary projects with domain experts from education and from across the spectrum of arts, sciences and social sciences. The goal of such research is to effectively support communities in capturing, organising, discovering and sharing their knowledge.
- Nick Larsson: Researcher
Nick Larsson has worked in Research and Development since the start of his career and now has 30 years experience in creating a successful and stimulating research environment. He is a TOGAF certified architect and, before joining Birkbeck, he was an IT architect in the Data Science section in the R&D department of Syngenta.
- Dr Jamie Larkin: Researcher
Jamie Larkin recently completed his PhD at the UCL Institute of Archaeology. His research focuses on the development and management of the museums sector in the UK, and he has published on such issues from historic and contemporary perspectives. Jamie has previously worked for the National Churches Trust and is current Deputy Editor of the journal Public Archaeology.
- Isabel Churcher, Senior Manager, Museums, Arts Council England
- Stefan Dickers, Library and Archives Manager Bishopsgate Institute
- Dr Andrew Flinn, Reader in Archival Studies and Oral History, University College London
- Tamalie Newbury, Director of the Association of Independent Museums
- John Orna-Ornstein, Director of Curation and Experience, the National Trust
- Frank Trentman, Professor of History, Birkbeck
- Alison Turnbull, Head of Research and Development, Museums Galleries Scotland