Isabelle Habib – Access and Engagement Access Manager

To commemorate the College’s bicentenary in 2023, we’re showcasing 200 ‘Birkbeck Effects’ which capture the incredible stories of our vibrant and diverse community, highlighting their achievements and impact on the world. 

Isabelle Habib

As Access Manager (Forced Migrants), Isabelle’s work is key to Birkbeck’s commitment to its founding principle of supporting adults who would not otherwise be able to access education.

Isabelle engages with, inspires and supports forced migrants and asylum seekers to access education through Birkbeck’s award-winning, donor-funded Compass Project, which dramatically improves the lives of some of the most vulnerable and marginalised people in the UK. She joined Birkbeck following time as a volunteer supporting forced migrants. She says Compass is a vital way to “resist the negative rhetoric on migration.”

Her work contributes to Birkbeck’s recognition as a University of Sanctuary, the first higher education institution in London to be awarded this status, in 2021, for its work to provide safety, solidarity and empowerment to people seeking sanctuary.

One thought on “Isabelle Habib – Access and Engagement Access Manager

1. Mohamed Taoufiq Abouzaid

Hello Isabelle,

That’s Mohamed Taoufiq Abouzaid from Morocco , We met at the Refugee’s Event at Birbeck , I contact you about our conversation related to my scholarships that were unsuccessful and you offered to help me improving my application, and also to participate in seminars that you organise and I’m particularly interested in Law.
    I lost my phone so I lost your email in the note but I manage to find it in Birbeck portal.
    many thanks and I hope e will keep in touch soon.
    All the best

Reply